Hello! I am so happy to be back with the Pinspired Challenges. I took some “maternity leave” and missed out on a lot of gorgeous inspirational badges… Have you played along with us? Why not? All you do is look at the inspiration badge at the end of this post and make something using the badge as inspiration. How easy is that. You can make whatever and use whatever!!!
Avery Elle is sponsoring today’s challenge and the winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to their online store! Now what I didn’t know about Avery Elle is their entire collection of stamp sets has matching svg and pdf cut files for FREE with the purchase of the stamp set. HELLO! That’s friggin’ awesome!!!! They also have a line of free digital stamps here!!!! Here is a little bit of info about Avery Elle:
Avery Elle offers fun and fresh clear photopolymer stamps, premium heavy card stock and coordinating grosgrain ribbon. Our entire collection of image stamp sets has matching free .svg and .pdf cut files. Yes, we did say free! If you have an electronic cutting machine, you have the ability to cut shapes for our stamp sets for no added cost. How great is that? All of our products are proudly made in the USA. For our complete line of high quality products, ideas and inspiration go to www.averyelle.com.
My inspiration for my card came from the color of the badge. Now I warn you, this is a grungy type card, far off from my style. I wanted to use my Faber Castell gelatos in a way I hadn’t used them before so I used them with a mask from Crafter’s Companion. All supplies are listed at the end of this post… (SIDE NOTE: I haven’t fully unpacked my craft room so I was unable to put my hands on my Avery Elle stamps for this challenge)…
Let me explain how I made this card since it is far off from my usual style:
- Coated card base with Gesso
- Adhered the Chevron mask by Crafters Companion over the card panel and adhered with washi tape.
- Used two different shades of pink and colored over the mask and then blended with a combination of my finger and water
- Added red gelato the the edges of both the card base and the card panel with red and blended using water.
- Stamped sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp April card kit stamp set with Hero Arts neon pink ink. The set can also be purchased individually here.
I hope you like the card! 🙂 And I do hope you will play along with us! You’ve got 10 whole days to play!